Google Voice

Monday, October 13, 2008

VMA's after party w/ San Disk and Flavorgroup @ House of Hype

www.vjculture.com

San Disk hosted a VMA pre and after party over the weekend of the VMAs.
Saturday night, the pre-party was rockin. The location was a mansion in the Hollywood Hills over looking Sunset Blvd.

Flavorgroup asked me to create an immersive environment around and on the house.
In addition to the projections we incorporated a photoboof and Octamasher.
Around 1:00AM the police arrived with helicopters and billy-clubs. No one got clubbed but it was a show of force for LA.
I thought for sure Sunday night would be shutdown. I arrived in the afternoon thinking I was just going to go through the motions. Just the opposite, the party rocked all night long. Breakfast was served around 5:30AM
In these photos I used 3 projectors to seamlessly stitch the images together. In Modul8 I used masks to mask out the balcony so that I wasn't projecting on the people. Essentially, my screen became a 4ft by 60ft image.


Here is a day/night of my VJ booth location looking out over the city

1 comment:

About me said...

whow!! amazing work