Google Voice

Saturday, June 03, 2006

New content for an Immersive environment






www.vjculture.com
For the Red Bull Ascension party I re-used some content from another installation I did about 5 years ago. In the top picture you see a women painted gold. She is rotating on a motorized table. I then built a cube that rotates and the same speed as the table she is sitting on. Then I use two projectors to project at perpendicular angles onto the screen. The material on the cube is translucent enough to give images on all four sides.
When the viewer walks underneath the cube the illusion of the cube rotating and the women rotating is a very interesting effect.

For Ascension I re-composed the video in After Effects and created 4 versions. Some of them are vertical. Each movie played on a DVD player at the same time on different screens around the room.

No comments: